Available with your choice of different covers!
Issue 02 "Rage" includes:
- Exploring Dakar with local Imane Signate
- Hugging and vulnerability in the art of Justin Valdes
- The locals of Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro
- Surfing the outside reefs of Oahu with Wrenna Delgado
- The story of Bruce Mathys, true bush bandit and the lone Black surfer of Margaret River
- Pioneering 90's barrel rider and Pipeline legend Rochelle Ballard
- Moana Wong leads the charge for the next generation of female North Shore surfers
- The politics of surfing with Dion Mattison PhD
- Icon of late 90's longboarding and the queen of Crescent Head, Jodie Barsby
- Mariah Ernst pays homage to the female bodyboarding pioneers of the North Shore
- A science fiction short story from Margaret Seelie
...plus loads more contributions from Thembi Hanify, Zach Malfa-Kowalski, Jed Smith, Jackie Kursel, Awapuhi, Colleen Conroy & Noor Brody.
ABOUT EMOCEAN MAGAZINE
Exploring alternative perspectives, empowerment and the realities of women, LGBTQ+ and BIPOC surfers, Emocean is a much needed champion of marginalised voices in the surf community. The brainchild of designer and art director Thembi Hanify, whose roster of clients has included Apple, DKNY and Tommy Hilfiger, and writer Mariah Ernst, regular scribe for our favourites Primitive Skills and The Surfer's Journal, Emocean is a beautiful and superbly curated magazine with fascinating content from cover-to-cover.