Primitive Skills Magazine Volume 3
Volume 3 includes:
- A mysterious box of photographs recovered from an abandoned foot rest outlet
- Craig Allsop on the saga of the Hutt River Micronation of Western Australia
- Mind bending images from Thomas Lynch III
- Jeff Devine introduces photographs taken by Ken Mitsuda from 1978 - 2014
- An interview with Japanese photographer and beach voyeur Jumpei Seto
- The second chapter in Gauranga & Nanda Ormond's inquiry into the science of yoga
- The art of Dale Egan
- Wendy Adcock on her travels with legendary surf explorer Peter Troy and The Magic Island
....plus loads more photography and tall tales to keep you psyched to explore deeper and further.
136 (completely advert free) pages.
ABOUT PRIMITIVE SKILLS
"Primitive Skills Magazine is an independent study into the rituals, symbols, habits & habitats of surfers. Misuse of funds, distaste for authority, anti-social behaviour, freedom of thought & other undesirable side effects of salt water to the brain."
We often joke that the only reason we started The Golden Rays was so Robin could get his hands on the latest issue of Primitive Skills without having to pay for the shipping from Australia. And as they say, "a joke is only the truth wrapped in a smile." The staunchly independent magazine is a fascinating rollercoaster exploring the very edges of the surfing world. It's hard to describe exactly what to expect from Primitive Skills... it's a wonderful collection of obscure references, history lessons from odd pockets of surf culture and eye popping travel tales, all bound together with some of the most exciting contemporary photography in print.