Available with your choice of 3 different covers!
Issue 05 "Fear" includes:
- The collages of Ming Nomchong
- Five of the women pushing progressive female surfing to new heights
- Balinese painter Luh'De Gita; master of colour & chaos
- Chasing Beau Cram through arid West Oz
- Five Black women proving the white, ageing, male stereotype of an LA Local wrong
- A fashion feature celebrating diversity & inclusivity styled with beach waste & thrifing
- The Salsa style of queer Mexican log rider Luis Fer
- Fearless Hawaiian waterwoman Luana Froiseth
- Zachary Zezima interviews legendary animator Arne JinAn Wong
- Veteran-focused surf therapy proves the healing power of sliding
- Despatches from Mariah Ernst's 2 decades in the throngs of Bali's surf scene
- Natalie Dupille's diary of a queer surfer
...plus loads more with contributions from Parul Bansal, Tom Pearsall, Mel Pretorius, Hali'a Hibbit & more!
ABOUT EMOCEAN MAGAZINE
Exploring alternative perspectives, empowerment and the realities of women, LGBTQ+ and BIPOC surfers, Emocean is a much needed champion of marginalised voices in the surf community. The brainchild of designer and art director Thembi Hanify, whose roster of clients has included Apple, DKNY and Tommy Hilfiger, and writer Mariah Ernst, regular scribe for our favourites Primitive Skills and The Surfer's Journal, Emocean is a beautiful and superbly curated magazine with fascinating content from cover-to-cover.