Primitive Skills Magazine Volume 2
Volume 2 includes:
- Driving through Western Oz with Craig Allsop
- An inquiry into the science of yoga
- A photo feature from Hamburger Eyes' Ray Potes
- Brian Tissot's true tale of surfing under the Golden Gate Bridge in 1973
- Mishaps in Baja with Harry Henderson
- Mariah Ernst gets deeply ingrained with Borneo's locals
- Exploring OM with Peter Sutherland
....plus loads more photography and tall tales to keep you psyched to explore deeper and further.
136 (completely advert free!) pages.
ABOUT PRIMITIVE SKILLS
"Primitive Skills Magazine is an independent study into the rituals, symbols, habits & habitats of surfers. Misuse of funds, distaste for authority, anti-social behaviour, freedom of thought & other undesirable side effects of salt water to the brain."
We often joke that the only reason we started The Golden Rays was so Robin could get his hands on the latest issue of Primitive Skills without having to pay for the shipping from Australia. And as they say, "a joke is only the truth wrapped in a smile." The staunchly independent magazine is a fascinating rollercoaster exploring the very edges of the surfing world. It's hard to describe exactly what to expect from Primitive Skills... it's a wonderful collection of obscure references, history lessons from odd pockets of surf culture and eye popping travel tales, all bound together with some of the most exciting contemporary photography in print.