Issue No. 30.6 includes:
- Brasilian jiujitsu legend Rickson Gracie's surfing life
- A deep depths profile of Gabriel Medina
- An essay on the Basque country by Robin Kegel starring Robin Falxa with photos by Thomas Lodin
- Mark Healey, Mason Ho & Brett Lickle share their scariest life affirming moments big Hawaiian surf
- Andy Davis on 1970s South African stalwart Michael Larmont "The Captain"
- An annotated photo-folio cum travel journal from Geoff Ragatz
- The art of cartoonist Butch Cornelius
- A portfolio from photographer John Hook
....plus all the usual and unusual stuff we love from TSJ.
The Surfer's Journal are a 1% for the Planet member, and have pledged to give one percent of all their sales to grassroots environmental organisations.
ABOUT THE SURFER'S JOURNAL
In the world of surf journalism TSJ needs no introduction. For almost 30 years The Surfer's Journal has been putting out six issues of literary writing and epic photography annually. Capturing both the current global state of surfing and surf history in long form articles, TSJ avoids the pitfalls of throw away journalism and the mags full of ads and advertorial which led to the maxim "print is dead". We only stock magazines which have us itching to read every word of every issue and The Surfer's Journal epitomises that notion.